Chinese Mission Building, 1927
This California Mission Revival-style building was designed by Louis Gill, nephew and protege of Irving Gill. The facade of the one-story chapel features a sloping red-tile roof over a central bell tower. The Chinese Mission, located in the building until 1960, served as a social center where Chinese immigrants learned English and received religious instruction. The building was relocated to this site in 1995 from First Avenue between "G" and Market.