Chas. Hoya Land Office


Built in 1897, by Charles Hoya (1848-1926), son of Prussian immigrant Joseph T. Van Der Hoya, and long-time Nacgodoches County surveyor. Designed by Houston architect Frank E. Rue in Victorian style with the Gothic revival details, this was the first fireproof building in Nacgodoches and served as a model for other local structures.
After Hoya's death, the land office business continued under the management of son-in-law J. Roy Gray, until his death in 1966. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark

On Pilar Street, Nacgodoches, (On the right when traveling east)
Texas Historical Commission.(Marker Number 9262.)
Official (Historical Marker Database)
Date of Dedication: 
Place Location: